Embedded solutions with AMD Ryzen CPUs
WHAT IS AMD RYZEN
The processors from the AMD Ryzen Embedded V1000 and AMD Ryzen Embedded R1000 series combine powerful “Zen” CPUs with the “Vega” GPU architecture. The integration helps to save space and enables particularly compact board designs with excellent cooling and high graphics performance. With fanless, low-power design and excellent 4K playback for up to three or even four independent displays, the new additions are particularly suitable for compute-intensive applications and demanding graphics applications. These are ideal for digital signage and medical applications where there are high expectations for graphics.
WHY AMD RYZEN
- Breakthrough performance of “Zen” and “Vega” architectures combined.
- IPC performance increase of 52% on CPU and 200% improvement in throughput/clock on GPU
- Performance equivalent to discrete GPUs on an APU
- Integration of powerful CPU, GPU, and extensive I/O functions on a single SoC with power scaling between 12 and 54 W
- High performance in a small form factor – for a more compact card design, lower total power consumption and lower total cost of ownership
- AMD Secure Root-of-Trust Technology: Runs only the software you want to run.
- AMD Secure Run Technology: Encrypts data in main memory and provides cryptographic isolation from other virtual machines, clients, and even the hypervisor itself
- AMD Secure Move Technology: Enables secure migration of VMs
WHO USES AMD RYZEN
The target group includes, for example, the following proven application areas:
The mITX-VR1000 V2.0 is a motherboard in mini-ITX form factor equipped with AMD Ryzen V1000 series processors. It is especially suitable for medical displays, thin clients or industrial PCs and other applications where it can bring support for up to four independent displays in 4K resolution to the table. The mITX-VR1000 V2.0 integrates up to 4 CPU and 11 GPU cores. It has a SATA 3.0 port, seven USB ports, one mPCIe, enables the connection of SSDs via M.2 interfaces (Key B and Key M) and has a PCIe x16 slot, which can be used to connect wireless modules or application-specific expansions, for example. Three GbE LAN ports ensure sufficient throughput even for large data volumes.
The COMe-cVR6 (E2), which measures just 95 x 95 mm, also supports up to four independent displays and offers up to 48 gigabytes of DDR4 ECC RAM. In addition to two SATA interfaces, there are also two serial interfaces, a high-resolution audio interface, Gigabit Ethernet ports, five PCIe slots as standard, and a total of eight USB ports. With the planned long-term availability of ten years, the COMe-cVR6 is also suitable for demanding projects.
The 3.5″ SBC-VR1000 is a single board computer in 3.5 inch format for the AMD Ryzen embedded processors V1000 and R1000. Up to three monitors can be controlled independently of each other. For this purpose, one LVDS, DP and HDMI 2.0 port each is available. Depending on the model (V1000 or R1000), two USB 3.1 ports and four or six USB 2.0 ports are available. Two DDR4 2400 SO-DIMM sockets take up to 32 GB of working memory. Besides two SATA III ports, an NVMe SSD can be used on an M.2 socket (Key M). Network connectivity is possible via two GbE LAN ports, an mPCIe slot allows application-specific expansions.
The industrial motherboard D3713-V/R mITX is equipped with up to four DisplayPorts, one embedded display port and one dual-channel LVDS (24bit) and powers up to four independent displays in 4K resolution. Depending on how much (graphical) power is required, 6 motherboard versions with different AMD processors are available. It is with integrated AMD Radeon™ Vega Graphics and can be used in applications with high graphical requirements like casinos, medical displays, thin clients and industrial PCs.
Kontron’s new COM Express® Basic Type 6 module COMe-bV26 is made for computing applications in medical diagnostics and the operating room: In addition to impressively powerful processor-integrated graphics, they offer massive computing power to run AI algorithms in parallel thanks to their 8 compute cores and up to 7 AMD Radeon™ Compute Units. The result is optimized imaging for faster medical diagnostics.
CONSULTING & SUPPORT FROM AARONN ELECTRONIC
The special feature of all four products is the high computing power in a small space. This requires experience and know-how when integrating them into customer projects, starting with the selection and design of the carrier board, through the selection of the heat sink, to the integration into the application. As a long-term and reliable partner of Kontron, Aaronn Electronic has this experience and the required know-how.
The close and trusting cooperation with the manufacturer also helps to implement individual requirements. This enables design-in support, carrier board design, development and design of customized chassis as well as personal technical support regardless of the project size.
POWERED BY KONTRON
At Kontron, Aaronn has been one of the most successful sales partners and system integrators in Europe for years. Thanks to the extensive portfolio of hardware, software and service solutions, Kontron achieves the optimum for the respective customer applications in combination with the flexibility of Aaronn.
COMPUTER-ON-MODULES FOR MEDICAL DIAGNOSTICS AND SURGERY
Kontron’s new COM Express® Basic, Type 6 module, with AMD Ryzen™ Embedded V2000 processor is literally made for computing applications in medical diagnostics and operating theatres: Next to impressively powerful processor-integrated graphics, they provide massive computing power to run AI algorithms in parallel thanks to their 8 cores and up to 7 AMD Radeon™ compute units. The outcome is optimized imaging for faster medical diagnostics.
– The new requirements for medical applications
– Why Computer on Modules are the perfect choice
– The wide range of functionalities of the new AMD COM Express Basic, Type 6 module
– Which services you can expect around our COM Express modules
THE WHOLE AMD WORLD ON 95 X 95 MILLIMETERS
Kontron’s embedded selection of the powerful “Zen” microarchitecture offers the entire AMD world on the 95 x 95 millimeter COM Express Compact form factor – including a promising roadmap for future generations.Spanning a wide range of performance classes, from low-power 12-watt dual-core processors to the 100-watt server class with 16 cores / 32 threads, AMD offers huge scalability with a single microprocessor architecture.
– Convincing allrounder with attractive roadmap
– Longest availability in the embedded sector
– Performance comparison – 83% more computing power
– IIoT connectivity – many features provided by AMD “Zen” microarchitecture
– Security down to the board level
POWERFUL PROCESSOR ON A COMPACT MODULE
With the launch of the AMD Ryzen™ Embedded V1000, a new benchmark processor has hit the embedded market that is leading in all key categories of its class. Kontron offers the new processor also on COM Express® Compact, thus in a form factor that is much smaller and saves more space than most alternative offers.
– Up to 46 % more multi-thread performance than competitive solutions
– Up to 3x more graphics performance than the competition
– Up to 107 % more graphics performance than their predecessors
– AMD Ryzen™ Embedded V1000 processors offer up to 2x more performance than the previous AMD Embedded R-Series
– New APUs with Zen CPU and Vega GPU achieve a performance throughput of up to 3.6 TFLOPS